What do you have in your classroom or school that could become part of a game world easily?
Title: The Efficient Operator
Rationale: Distraction and tiredness can affect studying, reading for pleasure, playing games, driving, operating machinery
Concept: A mobile-based game that can be played to understand how distraction affects the user, and a separate fork that, when activated, asks for initial state: tired, active, energised on a likert scale then seeks input every half hour as to how the user is feeling.
Activation involves entering, say, subject or activity and topic being studied/nature of activity.
A report can be generated at any time to show topics take the most of the user’s attention, what times are best for a given subject or topic, how long the user is efficiently working and what phone distractions (notifications) are happening during the period
Possible data elements
- nature of task
- reaction time
- nature of distraction: music, notifications (you have new mail or message), likes
- Time of day (from device)
- Initial vibe of the user
- Subject or activity (user setup)
- Topic (user setup)
- Notifcations (from device)
- whether app is active or in the background (from device)
- reason for backgrounding—eg name of other app running in the foreground (from device)
- periodic user input as checklist. Say, tired, energetic, OK, confused, angry, bored. Checlist entities sourced from focus group
You must log in to post a comment.